Thursday 28 February 2013

Inspirational Patchwork

Have you ever wondered what you could do with your patch birding records? Apart of course, from submitting them to Birdtrack and your county recorder...

Take a leaf out of Shaun Robsons book (literally....)

As he mentioned in an email to us, Shaun is 'a bit of an obsessive when it comes to my patch annual report'. He collates his records, alongside those of the many others who watch Lytchett bay in Dorset, to produce a detailed annotaded 'annual report', fascinating in its content and liberally scattered with photos and information gleaned from ringing.

If you want to have a look at (or download) Shauns report then look HERE

Thanks for sharing this with us Shaun. I wonder how many will be inspired to produce something similar?

If anyone else has produced anything like this we'd love to showcase it here. Just let us know!

2 comments:

  1. I produced my second Inverkeithing report last year - largely for myself, although I do pass it on to the local recorder

    2012 report here:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B86V9WT4yjmKQUZZbk1KdzgydzQ/edit?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 90% though producing one too. I do it most years and have 30 years of data to draw on

    ReplyDelete